We love our products and we test them vigorously to make sure they are as safe as possible for your home. There are guideline labels on each product so please read carefully before using.
Here are our full safety guidelines and care tips to get the most out of our products safely.
CANDLE CARE & SAFETY
Burning Your Candle Safely
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Keep away from children, pets and flammable materials.
- Avoid using in drafty areas, near an open window, air duct or fan.
- Never use water or a lid to extinguish a candle.
- Never move a candle while it is burning. Ensure your candle is fully extinguished, the wax is solid and the jar is cold before handling.
- Ensure wicks are upright and trimmed to 5mm before use and each time candle is relit. This not only keeps your candle safe but also makes your candle last longer and prevents tunnelling.
- Do not burn any Uno Lusso soy candle for more than 4 hours at a time.
- Stop burning when 13mm of un-melted wax remains in the bottom of the glass / jar.
- Jars and glasses may become hot. Burn candle on an appropriate flat heat-resistant surface.
- Never allow the candle flame to come in contact with the side of the glass.
- Do not use if glass is cracked, chipped or broken.
- If you are burning an Uno Lusso multiple wick candle you must ensure that all wicks are lit every time the candle is used.
- Never introduce liquids or foreign objects into candle and keep it free of wick trimmings, matches and any flammable materials.
- If your glass becomes blackened while burning, extinguish candle, allow cooling and cleaning with a dry paper towel.
- Use a candle snuffer to properly extinguish a candle flame.
Getting the most out of your candle
For best results you should burn your candle for a minimum of 1 - 2 hours the first time or until the entire surface has melted fully and for no more than 4 hours in a single session. After this or any other period of burning, allow the wax to cool and solidify before re-lighting. This helps to extend the life of your candle while almost maximising the fragrance throw.
Trimming the wick
Keep your wick trimmed to 5mm and ensure that when you do trim the wick that you remove any trimmings before lighting the candle.
Lighting and extinguishing the candle
Use a long-barrelled gas lighter where possible as this will avoid the residue that matches create spoiling the finish of your candle (it's also easier to light the wick as the wax reduces). If you have one then use a snuffer to extinguish each flame.
Let the wax pool
Every time you burn your candle allow the entire top layer to become a pool of liquid wax. This creates the best fragrance throw available, keeps your wicks burning with a consistent flame and helps to avoid tunnelling (this is when wax residue is left at the sides of a candle jar). It is the melted pool of wax that creates the fragrance throw, which is why we put three wicks into our larger candles - it ensures you get a longer life from your candle.
When to throw away
Nobody ever likes throwing a candle away or feeling like anything has been left unused however once your candle wax is 1cm from the bottom of the jar you should no longer use it. A great excuse to buy a new candle!
WAX MELT CARE & SAFETY
Using your Wax Burner Safely
- Never leave a burning candle or tea light unattended or move it when lit.
- Remove all packaging before use.
- Only use with a good quality unscented tea-light. Do not use with a maxi (8 hour) tea-light, votive or other candles.We recommend a soy tealight to avoid releasing toxins.
- Keep the Wax Melt Burner and tea-light out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do not burn the tea-light or leave the wax melt burner on or near anything that can catch fire.
- Ensure the wax melt burner is well ventilated. There must be at least 6.5cm of space above the flame within the wax melt burner.
- Keep foreign objects out of the wax pool.
- The wax melt burner becomes very hot during use, do not touch or move whilst alight or whilst wax remains molten.
- Extinguish the tea-light if the flame becomes enlarged, makes contact with the wax melt burner, or begins to smoke.
- Use a candle snuffer to extinguish the flame. Once extinguished allow wax melt burner to cool before moving.
Using your wax melts
Wax melts should only be used in an appropriate wax melt burner.
Add one piece of the wax melt pack or quarter of a wax melt pot or 2 -3 wax melt hearts at a time until the required melted wax fill is reached.
Do not overfill the wax melt burner initially as the wax will spill over. If wax remains in the burner bowl after use and you wish to remove it, wait until the wax cools and hardens, then apply a small amount of gentle pressure on one end of the wax until it pops out. Do not use metal or sharp objects to clean out wax as this may crack or damage the burner or cause injury.
DIFFUSER CARE & SAFETY
How to use your reed diffuser safely
Ensure you wear gloves when removing safety plug, just in case you have any allergic reaction. Even natural essential oils range could still cause a reaction, so gloves are always recommended.
We recommend setting your diffuser up for the first time over a stainless steel sink or draining area just in case you spill any oil. Should you spill any oil on any other surface for any reason remove rapidly with a soft cloth.
When you receive our diffuser pack you will need to check the plastic stopper is still on the bottle and then gently shake the bottle before gently removing the plastic stopper plug (you will need to remover the black or silver cap first to do this).
Once you have removed the stopper simply replace the silver or black collar and place your reeds into the bottle.
Allow the reeds to absorb the oil (usually a few hours) and then rotate the reeds. You should repeat this exercise once a week.
Make sure you place your reed diffuser in a place where it won't be knocked or damaged and if you're at all worried about the surface it is on then place a coaster or similar underneath it just in case it gets knocked and any oil gets spilled.
Never place on a delicate surface.
While the oil is based on natural soy and our fragrances are high grade this product is not suitable for skin contact or ingestion so you must always keep out of reach of pets or children.
FLOOR FRAGRANCE POWDER SAFETY & CARE
Our luxury floor fragrance powder is designed to make your carpets smell beautiful - just like the rest of your home.
Shake on to your carpets and leave for 15 - 30 minutes (we recommend you use a shaker which we also stock), then vacuum away.
Your carpet will be left smelling fresh, deodorised and cleaner and it also feels amazingly soft too!
While the powder is down, keep children and pets out of the room. While the products are safe and do not deliver any toxins it is not meant for ingestion or contact with eyes or skin - so best to keep your children and pets away while it is on the floor.
You will need to check your filter regularly when using our floor fragrance powder as it is a fine powder. We will not accept liability for damage to vacuums caused by misuse.
COOL MIST OIL / AROMA OIL / FRAGRANCE OIL SAFETY & CARE
Our Cool Mist Oils are designed only for use with ultrasonic Cool Mist Diffuser devices or as a neat fragrance oil for use with water in Oil Burners.
For use with a cool mist diffuser:
- While switched off and unplugged - fill the tank of the device you are using with water to the max line
- Add 3 - 5 drops of oil onto the surface of the water
- Replace tank lid and any outer shell
- Switch on machine following the advice for the specific model you are using
- All mist diffuser machines require regular cleaning to avoid oil residue build up or limescale clogging your device - failure to follow the instructions will result in damage or failure
- Every mist diffuser has an air vent - you mist not splash water into the air vent or you will damage your device - fill the device with water from a jug and avoid moving while full.
For use with an oil tealight burner
- Fill the dish of the oil burner with water up to the max line or to just under full
- Add a few drops of oil as desired to the surface of the water - we recommend no more than 3 - 5
- Light a tealight and place under the dish as per the instructions for the specific burner you are using
- Use unscented tealights only - using scented tealights with a wax or oil burner is extremely dangerous
- Keep the dish topped up with water and oil or extinguish the tealight once the water level drops.
- If you allow the oil burner to stay in use without water in the dish it may become damaged.
- When finished extinghuish the flame and allow the burner to cool down
- Wipe the dish with kitchen paper and if needed wipe / clean with warm soapy water and dry before next use
- Never leave a lit oil burner unattended
- Keep out of reach of children and pets
- If your burner is cracked or chipped do not use
For use with an electric oil burner
- Ensure the device you are using is safe for use with oils
- With the device unplugged and switched off fill the dish with water as specified by the model you are using
- Add 3 - 5 drops of oil onto the surface of the water
- Be careful NOT to knock or spill water or oil inside the until - if you do then you must not switch the unit on - you must remove all water and oil and allow to dry fully before attempting to use
- Spilling water or oil into the device may cause permanent damage which will not be covered by your warranty.
- Plug the device in if it is safe to do so and switch on
- The heat from the bulb will heat the water which will evaporate and take the fragrance with it into the air
- Evaporation means that the water and oil will eventually run down - you must switch the device off when little water is remaining. Failture to do so could cause permanent damage
- Never leave a switched on device unattented
- Keep away from children and pets